Rich Fruit Loaf Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 7 vote(s).
A fantastic gluten free rich fruit cake which is easy to make and delicious to eat over the Christmas holidays!
You will need:
- Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
- Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose Fibre Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: 140'C/ 275'F
225g/8oz soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon black treacle
255g/9oz Glutafin multipurpose mix (white or fibre)
1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
50g/2oz ground almonds
Rind of 1 lemon
Rind of 1 orange
75g/3oz glazed cherries chopped
100g/4oz chopped mixed peel
2 tablespoons brandy
2 tablespoons of orange juice
1. Cream the butter & sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Beat the treacle and eggs, adding a little flour at a time to stop it curdling.
3. Mix all the other ingredients into the creamed mix then stir in the brandy and orange juice.
4. Place into a lined cake tin (Size approx 8.5 inches X 4.5 Inches) and bake for Approx 2.5 hours at 140'C/275'F.
Testing with a skewer before removing.