Peach and Raspberry Custard Cobbler Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 38 vote(s).
A fresh summer pudding with raspberries and peaches cooked in a creamy custard sandwiched between triangles of buttered bread oven baked until golden. A healthy fruity light dessert delicious served warm with a spoonful of ice cream. The recipe was developed for individual portions served in ramekins but works equally well cooked in a medium size ovenproof dish. Allow an extra 10- 15 minutes cooking time.
You will need:
- 4 Slices of Glutafin Gluten Free Select White Loaf - sliced (400g)
- 8 Slices of Glutafin Gluten Free White Loaf - sliced (400g)
Oven temperature: 180 C / Gas mark 4
- 4 Slices of Glutafin Select White Loaf OR 8 Slices of Gluten Free Wheat Free White Loaf (refreshed)
- 25g/ 1oz Butter
- 2 Medium size peaches (halved, stone removed and sliced)
- 125g/ 4oz Fresh raspberries
- 2 Medium size eggs
- 50g/ 2oz Caster sugar
- 1 x 5ml tsp Natural vanilla extract
- 450ml/ ¾ pt Full cream milk
- ¼ tsp Ground nutmeg
- 50g/ 2oz Demerara for sprinkling
1.Remove bread crusts and spread bread with butter on one side. For Select White Loaf, cut each slice into 4 triangles or for Gluten Free Wheat Free White Loaf, cut each slice in 2 triangles.
2.Place 2 triangles butter side down in the bottom of an individual ramekin dish and top with a quarter of the fruit. Top with 2 further bread triangles butter side up. Repeat in the 3 remaining ramekins.
3.Whisk custard ingredients together in a large bowl and microwave to warm slightly for 2 minutes whisking half way through. (Being slightly warm helps the bread to absorb the custard better) Pour custard over the layered ingredients and sprinkle top with the demerara sugar.
4.Leave to stand for 10 minutes before baking until the custard has set and the bread topping is golden and crunchy.