Pancake Batter Recipe
Pancakes & Batters
of 98 vote(s).
Delicious light pancakes. Serve simply with lemon juice and caster sugar, maple syrup or fill with a savoury stuffing. Alternatively, try our new 'Classic Devon Cream Tea' pancake filling (below) as suggested by Martin Thirlwell!
You will need:
- 110g/ 4oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
- 75g/ 3 oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: -
- 110g/ 4oz Glutafin Multipurpose White Mix
- 1 Medium egg
- 300ml/ 10fl oz Semi-skimmed milk
- 1 x 15ml tbsp Vegetable oil
- Lemon juice and caster sugar
Classic Devon Cream Tea filling:
- 5 x 15ml tbsp strawberry or raspberry jam (1 x 15ml tbsp per pancake)
- 5 x 15ml tbsp clotted cream (1 x 15ml tbsp per pancake
For a healthy option: Use fruit instead of tea filling
1.Place Glutafin Select White Mix into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and a little milk. Whisk to form a thick paste. Gradually beat in the remaining milk to obtain a smooth batter.
2.Heat 1 x 5ml tsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Pour in a little batter and tilt the pan back and forth to evenly cover the base with the batter.
3.Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side and transfer to a warm serving plate. Cover with greaseproof paper and keep warm and while the rest of the pancakes are made.
4.Sprinkle with the caster sugar and lemon juice, roll up and serve.
5.Best eaten fresh or within 24 hours. Stack plain pancakes between sheets of greaseproof paper. Wrap loosely in foil before reheating in a warm oven for 10 minutes.
Gluten-free, wheat-free option
Use 75g/ 3 oz Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free White Mix and the remaining ingredients as shown. This makes a thicker batter and a slightly thicker pancake.
Stack between greaseproof sheets, wrap as above and then seal in a freezer bag. Reheat in a warm oven from frozen or heat for a few seconds in the microwave.