Mincemeat slice Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 2 vote(s).
A twist on a classic, this gluten free mincemeat slice is a better way to make Christmas last longer, with more mince pies cut into any shapes you want!
You will need:
Oven temperature: 160'C/320'F
225g/8oz Glutafin Select Multipurpose White Mix
Extra mix for dusting
110g/4oz Butter (soft)
25g/1oz Caster Sugar
1 Medium egg
1 x 15ml tbsp Cold water
Gluten free mincemeat e.g. Frank Cooper Mincemeat or Robertons Mincemeat Classic or Mincemeat Luxury
Icing sugar to dust
Make the Glutafin pastry using Glutafin Multipurpose white flour mix. See the technique video to see how to make it and get more tips from a coeliac chef, Michael McCamley who is also the Gluten free Chef of the Year.
1. Prepare the pastry. Place half the weighed White Mix into a bowl with the butter, egg, sugar and water and mix to a smooth paste with a fork. Work in the remaining Glutafin White Mix first with a fork and then by hand and bring together to make a ball.
2. Knead on a work surface lightly dusted with a little more White Mix. Knead for a full 2 minutes until smooth and add more mix if necessary to prevent the pastry from sticking.
3. Roll out and use as required.
4. Fill the a shallow tray (Approx 4 inch x 8 inch) tray with gluten free mincemeat e.g. Frank Cooper Mincemeat or Robertons Mincemeat Classic or Mincemeat Luxury
5. Top with pastry. Bake at 160'C/320'F for 30 mins or until a light colour.
6. Dust with icing sugar when cool.
For a Gluten free wheat free option for the pastry use Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free Multipurpose White Mix, 175g/6oz hard margarine, 1 medium egg beaten, 25g/1oz caster sugar, and 1 x 15ml tbsp cold water.