Lunchbox Savoury Buns Recipe
of 1 vote(s).
This is a delicious alternative to the sandwich - savoury choux buns with a some ideas for fillings!
You will need:
- Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
- 65g of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: 200°C/180°C Fan/400°F/Gas Mark 6
65g (2½oz) of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
50g(2oz) English Butter
2 medium eggs beaten
150mls (1/4pint) Water
Pinch of salt
Cheese and Marmite
1. Mix together 125g of grated cheese with ½ tsp of marmite
Cheese and Pickle
1. Mix together 125g of grated cheese with 1 tsp of mango chutney
Salmon and Cream Cheese
1. Mix together 1 small piece of cooked fresh salmon with 1heaped tbsp of creamed cheese
Gluten free wheat free option: Use Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix
1. Sift together the flour mix and salt. Put 150ml of water and butter into a saucepan, heat slowly until butter melts, then bring to a brisk boil.
2. Add the flour all at once, stirring quickly until the mixture forms a soft ball and leaves the side of the pan clean. Cool slightly.
3. Gradually add the eggs, beating them until the mixture is smooth, shiny and firm enough to stand in soft peaks. Place ten equal amounts on to a dampened and lightly floured baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/400°F/Gas mark 6 for 20 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
5. Fill with a filling of your choice