Lemon Shortbread Recipe
Biscuits & Cookies
of 13 vote(s).
A slight twist to a traditional Scottish recipe, baked in a tray.
You will need:
- 150g/5oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
- 110g/4oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: 150 C / Gas mark 2
- 150g/5oz Glutafin Select White Mix
- 110g/4oz Butter (at room temperature)
- 50g/2oz Caster sugar
- 50g/2oz Ground rice
- 1 x 15ml tbsp Caster sugar for serving
- 2 Lemons (grated zest of)
1.Cream the butter and caster sugar together with an electric whisk until pale in colour, light and fluffy.
2.Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients and draw the mixture together by hand into a ball.
3.Press into a 23cm/9" greased and lined square tray.
4.Bake until pale straw in colour. Leave in the container for 5 minutes and then mark into pieces using a sharp knife.
5.Rest the tin on a cool tray and leave until cold, before removing from the tin. Dredge with caster sugar before serving.
Gluten-free, wheat-free option:
Use 110g/4oz Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free White Mix and remaining ingredients as shown.
Keep in an airtight tin for up to 5 days.
Omit lemon for a standard shortbread