Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 103 vote(s).
This deliciously moist cake has a generous drizzle of lemon sauce to make it extra tempting.
You will need:
- 225g/ 8oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
- 200g/7oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: 170 C / Gas mark 3
- 225g/ 8oz Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix*
- 1 ½ x 5ml tsp Gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 x 5ml tsp Xanthan gum (optional)
- 2 Medium eggs
- 250g/8oz Lemon curd
- 50g/2oz Butter (softened)
- 50g/2oz Caster sugar
- 2 Lemons (finely grated zest and juice of)
- 110g/4oz Caster sugar
1.Whisk cake ingredients together to make a smooth cake batter. Spoon into a well greased 2lb loaf tin lined with a strip of baking parchment paper.
2.Cook until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
3.Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling tray.
4.Combine drizzle ingredients together and slowly spoon onto cake, allowing juices to be absorbed.
*Gluten Free Wheat Free option: Use 200g/7oz Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free Multipurpose White Mix
To Freeze: Suitable for home freezing. Wrap in an airtight bag and freeze for up to a month.
Lemon Drizzle Muffin variation: Divide cake mixture between 10 muffin cases resting in a muffin tray. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool. Drizzle with lemon glace icing before serving.