of 19 vote(s).
A beef Bolognese sauce combined with 5 vitamin packed pureed vegetables layered with Glutafin lasagne and a cheese sauce made with Glutafin Select White Mix. Using a food processor to finely chop vegetables speeds preparation time.
You will need:
- 50g/2oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
- 50g/2oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix
Oven temperature: 190 C / Gas mark 5
- 2 x 15ml tbsp Olive oil
- 2 x 5ml tsp Mixed dried herbs
- 1 Medium red onion (finely diced)
- 2 Cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 Medium carrots (diced) - organic are often sweeter and full of flavour
- 2 Sticks celery (finely diced)
- 1 Red pepper (seeds removed and very finely diced)
- 500g/ 17oz Tomato passata available in glass jars or cartons (sieved tomatoes)
- 225g/ 8oz Lean minced beef
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 50g/2oz Glutafin Select White Mix
- 600ml/ 1pt Full cream milk
- Pinch of salt, ground black pepper and grated nutmeg
- 75g/3oz Mature Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 6 Sheets of Glutafin Lasagne
1. Prepare the Bolognese. Gently fry the onion, garlic and mixed herbs in the olive oil for 5 minutes to soften. Add the bacon and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the diced carrots, celery and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the minced beef and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add the passata. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced by about a third.
3. In a large pan of boiling salted water part cook the lasagne sheets, add 5 sheets at a time to the panand cook for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally before removing and placing in a large bowl of cold water.
4. Meanwhile prepare the Cheese Sauce. Melt the butter in a medium sized pan and stir in the Glutafin White Mix to make a paste. Gradually stir in the milk to make a smooth sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer stirring until thickened.
5. Add the cheese saving a little for the top of the lasagne and season to taste.
6. Spoon a little sauce into the bottom of a medium size ovenproof dish. Cover with 2 lasagne sheets. Top with a third of the Bolognese sauce. Repeat twice to give a 3 layer lasagne. Finish dish with a cheese sauce layer. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden and the pasta is soft.
Gluten-free, wheat-free option
Use 50g/2oz Gluten Free Wheat Free White Mix and remaining ingredients as shown.