Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 30 vote(s).
Whether you like them with whipped cream, a dollop of ice cream, or simply on their own, these Brownies are utterly delicious.
Oven temperature: Preheated at 150°C/140°C Fan/300°F/Gas Mark 2
4 Medium size eggs
150g/5oz Caster sugar
250g/9oz Butter (melted)
1x397g Can of condensed milk
200g/7oz 70% Cocoa solids dark chocolate (melted)
25g/1oz Cocoa powder
110g/4oz Glutafin Select Gluten Free White Mix
1x5ml tsp Gluten-free baking powder
75g/3oz Ground almonds
50g/2oz Flaked almonds
1. Line a 24cm x 32cm (91⁄2 x 121⁄2) shallow ovenproof baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar together for a full 2 minutes until pale, thickened and full of air bubbles.
3. Add remaining ingredients and whisk briefly until just combined.
4. Spoon the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and bake until the mix loses its glossy appearance and starts to crack on the surface. The ultimate brownie should be crumbly on the outside but still moist in the centre.
5. Leave to cool on a cooling tray but keep in the tin until completely cold. Cut into squares and store in an airtight tin.
Suitable for home freezing for up to 1 month.
Use a good quality chocolate containing 70% cocoa that gives a rich dark colour and is not too bitter.#
Gluten-free, wheat-free option
Use 110g/4oz Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free White Mix and remaining ingredients as shown.