Chicken Nuggets Recipe
of 14 vote(s).
Most children like deep fried fast food as an occasional treat so this gluten free recipe should meet with their approval. Unlike the perfect shapes you get from processed varieties children will love all the interesting knobbly batter shapes that emerge as you cook these nuggets. The batter recipe uses Glutafin Select White Mix. A deep fat fryer is best suited for preparing this recipe.
You will need:
- 110g/ 4oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
- 75g/3oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: 170C**
- 110g/ 4oz Glutafin Select White Mix
- 1 x 5ml tsp Yeast enclosed with Mix
- 1 x 15ml tbsp Vegetable oil
- 125ml/ 1/4pt Hand hot water
- 2 Large chicken breasts, cut into large dice shape pieces
- 1 x 15ml tbsp Glutafin Select White Mix for dusting
- 2 L Sunflower oil for deep fat frying
*Proving time: 60 minutes
**Deep fat fryer temperature: 170C
1. Prepare the batter. Place Mix and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Stir together with a fork. Add the oil and hand hot water and mix with the fork to make a smooth runny batter. Set aside in a warm place for an hour until frothy.
2. When ready to cook the chicken preheat deep fat fryer to 170°C. Dust diced chicken pieces with the Mix and immerse in the batter. Remove with tongs and place carefully into the deep fat fryer. Do not use the basket as the batter sometimes sticks to the wire. Cook in small batches if necessary.
3. Cook for 5 – 6 minutes until the batter is puffed and golden. Remove nuggets with a slotted spoon and drain excess oil from them onto kitchen paper. Serve with salad and a good portion of coleslaw.
Gluten-free, wheat-free option
Use 75g/3oz Gluten Free Wheat Free White Mix (plus 1 x 15ml tbsp for dusting) and remaining ingredients as shown.
Not suitable for home freezing.