Carrot Cake Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 11 vote(s).
Deliciously moist and with a rich, tantalizing texture; Carrot cake is a classic tea-time favourite.
You will need:
- 350g/12oz of Glutafin Select Multipurpose Fibre Mix
- 300g/ 11oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free Multipurpose Fibre Mix
Oven temperature: 160 C / Gas mark 3
- 1 Medium size cooking apple, peeled, cored and diced to give 125g/ 4 ½ oz prepared fruit
- 250g/ 9oz Coarse grated carrot
- 110g/ 4oz Butter
- 4 x 15ml tbsp Orange juice
- 150g/5oz Soft light brown sugar
- 125g/ 4 ½ oz Raisins
- 350g/12oz Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose Fibre Mix
- 2 x 5ml tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1 x 5ml tsp Ground cinnamon
- 4 Medium eggs (lightly whisked)
- 110g/4oz Cream Cheese
- 50g/2oz Butter (at room temperature)
- 175g/ 6oz Icing sugar (sieved)
- 1 Orange (grated zest of)
- Baby Carrots and walnut halves
Plus 1 hour soaking time
1.Place diced apple, carrot, butter, orange juice and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Cover and
microwave for 8 minutes to soften the apple. Mash lightly with a fork. Add the raisins and
microwave for a further 5 minutes. Stir and set aside for 1 hour. Mash any remaining apple
pieces to a puree.
2.Stir in the remaining cake ingredients and beat together with a wooden spoon.
3.Pour into a 20cm/ 8” greased and lined deep round cake tin. Bake until golden and just firm
to the touch. Leave in the tin until cold before turning out.
4.Beat icing ingredients together and spread onto cake top. Decorate with carrots and walnut
halves and serve.
5.Store in an airtight tin in a cool place for up to 5 days.
Gluten-free, wheat free option
Use 300g/ 11oz Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free Multipurpose Fibre Mix and remaining ingredients as shown.
Freeze cake without the icing. Wrap and seal in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
Defrost for 2-3 hours before icing.
Use organic carrots for a more defined and often sweeter taste.