Cappucino Squares Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 6 vote(s).
A tasty tray bake made with Glutafin Select White Mix with a really delicious fudgy topping.
You will need:
- 50g/2oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
- 50g/2oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: 180° C / Gas mark 4
50g/2oz Glutafin Select White Mix
110g/4oz Soft margarine
110g/4oz Caster sugar
2 Medium eggs (whisked)
50g/2oz Ground almonds
50g/2oz Dark chocolate (grated)
1 x 5ml tsp Gluten-free baking powder*
50g/2oz Desiccated coconut
25g/1oz Butter (melted)
1 x 15ml tbsp Boiling water
2 x 5ml tsp Instant coffee granules
150g/5oz Icing sugar (sieved)
25g/1oz Cocoa powder (sieved)
*Check in your Coeliac UK Gluten-free Food and Drink Directory for a suitable brand.
1. Make the sponge. Cream the margarine and sugar together using an electric whisk until pale, soft and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the eggs.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour the mixture into a lined 20 x 28cm/8 x 11" shallow baking tray. Bake until well risen and the sponge springs back when lightly touched.
4. Stand for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling tray.
5. Make the topping. Place the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir in the melted butter and dissolved coffee and mix well to make a thick smooth icing.
6. Spread onto cooled sponge and allow to set before cutting into squares.
7. Store in an airtight container.
Gluten-free, wheat-free option
Use 50g/2oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free White Mix and remaining ingredients as shown.
Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Place in a single layer in an airtight container and use within 3 months. Defrost for 2 hours before serving.