Baked Vanilla Cheesecake Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 76 vote(s).
A deliciously creamy cheesecake with a sweet, sharp fruit topping. A baked cheesecake has a slightly different texture to a normal cheesecake, so if you haven't tried making one before, why not give this one a go?
You will need:
Oven temperature: 170 C / Gas mark 3
- 1 x 200g packet Glutafin Biscuits
- 125g/4.5 oz Butter (melted)
- 300g/11oz Soft full fat cream cheese (such as Philadelphia)
- 300g/11oz Soured cream
- 3 Medium sized eggs
- 200g/7oz Caster sugar
- 2 x 15ml tbsp Cornflour
- 2 x 15ml tbsp Natural extract of vanilla
- 150g/5oz Prepared fruit (raspberries, blackcurrants, strawberries, kiwi or mango are all ideal)
1. Grease the sides and base of a 20cm/8" loose base deep round cake tin.
2. Place Glutafin Biscuits into a sturdy freezer bag and bash to a fine crumb with a rolling pin. Combine with the melted butter and spoon into the cake container. Push crumb firmly with the back of a dessert spoon to get a smooth crumb base.
3. Beat filling ingredients together either in a food processor or with a balloon whisk until combined. Spoon over the biscuit base.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is just set (but with a slight wobble in the centre) but it is not browned on top. Turn off the oven and leave in the oven until the cheesecake is totally cold.
5. Remove from the container and chill until required. Decorate with prepared fruit just before serving. Eat within 5 days.
Tip: The recipe works equally well using Glutafin Digestives or Tea Biscuits
To freeze: Freeze without the fruit topping. Cut into single portions and open freeze until firm. Seal in an airtight freezer bag and freeze for up to one month. Defrost for 2 hours before serving. Decorate with fruit as required.