Bacon & Corn Puffs Recipe
of 41 vote(s).
These bacon & sweetcorn puffs are delicious hot or cold, so perfect for a sandwich alternative! Perfect for a teddy bear's picnic too!
You will need:
- Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
- 125g of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: -
125g (4oz) Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
1 medium egg (separated)
150ml (1/4pint) milk
125g (4oz) bacon lardons (chopped)
210g (7½oz) can sweetcorn drained
Pinch of salt
Vegetable Oil for deep frying
Paprika to garnish
Gluten free wheat free option: Use Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Multipurpose White Mix instead
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the egg yolk.
2. Beat gently, adding the milk gradually, until all the flour is mixed in, then beat hard for about 2 minutes. Leave batter to stand in a cool place
3. Fry the bacon lardons, or grill the bacon and then chop.
4. Just before cooking, add the bacon and sweetcorn to the batter, stiffly whisk the egg white and fold gently into the batter
4. Fry spoonfuls of the mixture in the hot deep oil for 3-4 minutes, until crisp and golden
5. Drain, then dredge lightly with paprika.