Apple and Raspberry Crumble Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 9 vote(s).
A quintessentially English dessert with a classic combination of apple and raspberries. Serve with lashings of cream or custard, or with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream
You will need:
- 250g/9oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
- 250g/9oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix
Oven temperature: 220 C / Gas mark 7
4 Medium sized cooking apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
3 x 15ml tbsp Water
2 x 15ml tbsp Raspberry jam
250g/9oz Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix*
125g/4.5 oz Butter
25g/1oz Chopped almonds
25g/1oz Chopped hazelnuts
110g/4oz Demerara sugar
1. Place prepared apple and water into a covered microwaveable container and microwave on full power for 3-4 minutes until the slices are just soft. Drain off the juices and combine apple with the raspberries, jam and sugar. Place in a medium sized ovenproof dish and leave until cold.
2. Prepare crumble. Rub the butter into the White Mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the chopped nuts and sugar and spoon over cooled prepared fruit. Push crumble mixture with the back of a dessert spoon to give a smooth top.
3. Cook until the topping is golden- the crumble with get more crisp once it has been left to stand for 10 minutes.
*Gluten Free Wheat free option:
250g/9oz Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free Multipurpose White Mix
Bake individual portion size crumbles in ramekins and freeze. The crumble topping also works well using Glutafin Select Multipurpose Fibre Mix. Frozen raspberries may also be used- no need to defrost, simply stir into the cooked apple and after 5 minutes, drain off the juices before adding the jam and sugar.
Seal crumble in its container in a freezer bag and freeze for up to one month. Defrost for 3 hours before reheating in a medium temperature oven