Apple and Raisin Tray Bake Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 30 vote(s).
A deliciously moist and fruity tray bake made using Glutafin Fibre Mix. Ideal for lunchboxes!
You will need:
- 250g/ 9oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose Fibre Mix (500g)
- 250g/9oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose Fibre Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: 180 C / Gas mark 4
- 2 Medium size cooking apples (peeled, cored and diced) to give 275g/ 10 oz prepared fruit
- 110g/ 4oz Butter
- 4 x 15ml tbsp Water
- 110g/ 4ox Soft dark brown sugar
- 125g/ 4 ½ oz Raisins
- 250g/ 9oz Glutafin Select Fibre Mix
- 1 ½ x 5ml tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1 x 5ml tsp Ground mixed spice
- 2 Medium eggs (lightly whisked)
- 25g/ 1oz Demerara sugar
Soaking time: 60 minutes
1. Place diced apple, butter and water in a large mixing bowl. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes to soften the apple. Mash lightly with a fork. Add the sugar and raisins and microwave for a further 5 – 8 minutes. Stir and set aside for 1 hour. Mash any remaining apple pieces to a puree.
2. Stir in the remaining cake ingredients and beat together with a wooden spoon.
3. Pour into a 23cm/ 9” greased and lined square baking tin. Sprinkle with the Demerara sugar and bake until golden and just firm to the touch.
4. Cut into squares once cold.
Gluten-free, wheat-free option
Use 5 x 15ml tbsp water with the fruit mixture.
Use 225g/9oz Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free Fibre Mix, 2tsp Baking Powder, 1tbsp milk added with the cake ingredients.