Mince PiesGluten Free recipe
Christmas wouldn't be the same without mince pies.... try this gluten free recipe, your family won't even realise they're gluten free!
|40 minutes||15 minutes|
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|200°C/190°C Fan/400°F||14 Mince Pies|
|Oven Temp||Servings / Makes|
You will need
Gluten Free Pastry:
225g/8oz Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
110g/4oz Butter (soft)
1 x 15ml Cold Water
25g/1oz Caster sugar
1 Medium egg
Gluten Free Filling:
400g/14oz Gluten Free Mincemeat**
1 x 15ml Milk
1 x 15ml tbsp Caster sugar
** Please refer to your Coeliac UK handbook for suitable Gluten Free brands
1. Prepare the gluten free pastry. Place half the weighed Glutafin Gluten Free Mix in a bowl with the remaining pastry ingredients and mix to a smooth paste with a fork. Work in remaining Glutafin Gluten Free Mix first with the fork and then by hand bring together to make a ball.
2. Knead on a work surface dusted with a little more Glutafin Gluten Free Mix. Divide into two. Roll out half and cut into rounds to line mince pie tins. Top with a generous teaspoon mincemeat.
3. Brush around gluten free pastry rim with milk. Roll out remaining gluten free pastry and cut out lids using a smaller pastry cutter.Gently press edges together around mincemeat filling.
4. Brush with the remaining milk and cook until the pastry is golden in colour. Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before gently removing and sprinkling with the caster sugar.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. For best results warm gently before serving.
Using Glutafin Gluten Free Wheat Free flour mix:
Oven Temperature: Preheated at 190ºC/ 170ºC Fan/ 375ºF/ Gas Mark 5
225g/ 8oz Glutafin Wheat Free White Mix
55g/ 2oz Butter (cut into pieces)
55g/ 2oz Hard White vegetable fat (cut into pieces)
1 Medium egg (at room temperature)
1 ½ - 2 x 15ml tbsp Cold water
(Note: If using a large egg, use only 1 x 15ml tbsp Cold water)
1.In a small bowl beat together the egg and water.
2.Place the White Mix in a medium bowl and rub in the butter and fat to resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre and pour in the egg mixture. Combine together with a fork and then bring together into a ball by hand.
3.Follow steps 2-5 above.
If conditions are warm, wrap pastry in greaseproof paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then knead again and use as required.
For Wheat Free flour mix we suggest you use half butter and half white vegetable fat for best results but you can use 110g Butter instead.
To Freeze: Freeze in an airtight freezer container. Defrost and warm in a medium temperature oven for 10 minutes before serving.
Recent Comments (0)There are no comments for this recipe at the moment.
To be the first to comment just log into the Love Food club and fill in the comment form that appears below.